So you have a domain and want free Industry standard Email hosting
Well, you are not alone 🙂 Many small business/startup needs such email system from day one. Even users having personal domain also want their own email hosting. Recently I have checked some Free email hosting providers and finally stuck with Zoho. Let me inform you, this post is neither a comparison between free email hosting providers nor an effort to promote Zoho, but a post about how to successfully setup an enterprise grade FREE email hosting on Zoho.
The FREE plan
All offered plans of Zoho along with associated features can be checked at https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing2.html
At the time of this writing Zoho free plan offers 25(twenty five) users on single domain hosting only.
Registration and Setup
1. Free plan registration is available at https://mail.zoho.com/biz/mailsignup.do?plan=free Zoho will ask you about your domain at the very first step.
2. Proceed by giving your existing domain
3. and the registration process will create an administrative account for you.
4. After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation screen along with a setup link.
5. Following the setup link you will be directly placed at domain verification section which will check your domain ownership
6. Time to select your DNS hosting provider. Simply select “Others” from drop-down and note the CNAME (canonical name). Yes we are going to use CNAME based domain verification.
Don’t close that browser tab
7. Log into your DNS manager (mine is cpanel) and create suggested CNAME.
8. Go back to your Zoho page and verify the domain. If everything goes well, you will get a success message.
9. Setup MX record at your DNS manager
10. As suggested by Zoho add following SPF record at your DNS manager
v=spf1 mx include:zoho.com ~all
That’s all. Enjoy !!