What is Xposed Framework ?
Xposed is a framework for modules that change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. All the modification are done in memory, hence deactivating the module/s revert back the change/s followed by a reboot. Easy !! With Xposed modules a new level of android experience can be achieved.
This post shows how to install Xposed on CyanogenMod-12.1 As there is still no Official release of XposedInstaller and framework for L-5.1, super alpha version is used from xdadevelopers. Credit goes to the developers; @rovo89 for his original work Xposed framework, @romracer for bringing the Xposed framework to Android 5.1 and @C3C076 for his further contribution
1. rooted android ( androindone has been used here )
2. Framework xposed-sdk22-5.1.1-arm-20150514.zip ( compatible with L-5.1 )
3. Apk XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2 ( compatible with L-5.1 )
Caution – Backup before going further
Take a nandroid backup. Phone might face bootloop after flashing Xposed. nandroid backup would be life savior.
1. push both framework and installer into sd card (abd push)
2. Boot into recovery and install framework zip
3. Boot into normal mode and install apk